The teachers training for 2020 is here again! It is in furtherance of our mission as the organization championing the dyslexia awareness, training, remediation and support in Nigeria. We are committed to improve awareness, knowledge and skills on dyslexia and other learning challenges among teachers and other stakeholders in education. From the month of April 2020 we are rolling out different training for each stakeholder and this is tagged “ Dyslexia Teachers Guide” This is in a bid to get more teachers informed, stop the stigma and negative experience people with learning challenges are exposed to due to their uniqueness. Consequently and in response to the call for teachers training we are organizing this professional training to build teachers’ capacity to work with people with learning challenges especially dyslexia.
Goal of the Training
To build the capacity of teachers within mainstream classrooms in primary and secondary schools (public and private) to effectively recognize the signs and symptoms, as well as the techniques for teaching and supporting students with dyslexia.
Objectives of the Training
The specific objectives of the training are as follows:
- To train teachers to identify early signs of dyslexia in children in public and private schools in Nigeria.
- To train teachers on the unique and innovative strategies for classroom management where dyslexic children are involved.
- To train teachers to improve reading and identify barriers to reading and how to correct them.
Expected outcomes of the Training
- Improved knowledge, attitudes and behaviour towards people with learning challenges, especially dyslexia.
- Increased skills of teachers in dealing with people with learning challenges, especially dyslexia.
- Improved learning achievements and outcomes for people with learning challenges due to improved knowledge and understanding of teachers and school administrators on their specific challenges.
- Increased access to professional intervention and support
Who Should Attend
- Classroom teachers,
- Special Education Needs (SEN) and SENCO practitioners
- School Counselors
- Career Coaches
- Staff of Special Education Units
- Home School teachers and parents
DATE: Lekki- April 25th 2020, May 23rd 2020; Ikeja- May 25, 2020. Please note class size is 25 for each training session. Certificates will be issued to participants for attendance and passing the knowledge and skills test.
The training will include the following
- Understanding learning challenges and dyslexia
- Signs and symptoms of dyslexia
- Phonemic Awareness
- Effective strategies for class room and home
- Video analysis and case discussion
- Exposure to assistive technologies in dyslexia management
- Award of certificates to participants upon completion of the post test of the training.
Cost of Training
The cost of this one day training is discounted to Five Thousand Naira (N5, 000).
Registration and Method of Payment
Download and fill the form online and complete the necessary information, payment can be made through our website or by direct transfer to the account below. You can also check the calendar to choose a training plan that fit your time.
Account Name: Dyslexia Foundation; Account #: 0122648423 Bank: WEMA Bank
After payment, send an SMS with the name used in payment and amount paid to each of the preferred location on the numbers below Ikeja- 08033231928, Lekki-08140391262, Abuja-08086737120 and forward the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org